Sep 12, 2011

Long Weekend

And a very good one indeed.

I've been wanting (needing) to see Trick 'R Treat for a long, long time now. Unfortunately, due to the NZ Censorship System and parents, this hasn't happened. Well, this afternoon, my mum must have had a change of heart, she decided to let me see one of the very best horror films to date - Trick 'R Treat.

I'm not much of an expert on movie reviews, but Trick 'R Treat was just too good not to.
The anthology plotline was smart, it was full of twists and none of the characters were what they seemed. The film was directed by Michael Dougherty, who is a yard haunter himself - pictures of his haunt can be seen here. His love for halloween and haunting really shows in this film. Every scene is packed with Jack O'Lanterns, yard haunts, scarecrows and monsters of all varieties. This is one movie I am sure to watch over and over again. And I have. I've watched it 5 times this weekend. It is GOOD.

It's hard to say what my favourite story was, but I think 'The Principal' and 'The Halloween School Bus Massacre' were my two favourites. The opening scene with Emma and Henry was brilliant, and the ending was jaw-dropping. My new favourite movie. Below are some screencaps I took.









I LOVED the inclusion of Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, as seen above. It is the first zombie film I ever saw, and possibly the first horror. I'll blog more about that another time.

Anyway, on with the weekend.
Prop-building is in full swing and I'm churning out ghouls for this year's haunt. A few teaser pics:






I've been listening to the new Florence and the Machine single obsessively - 'What the Water Gave Me'.
Her second album (still untitled) is being released on Halloween,

ohmygod,

and I've pre-ordered the deluxe edition at the Flotique. 

Lastly, I've made a few little ghosts inspired by the ones seen in Trick 'R Treat. They turned out looking a little bit like they were hanged - not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

2 comments:

  1. I watched T r T last night myself. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you have joined the ranks of the Trick 'r Treat Legion... congrats on finally watching such a grand horror film!

    ReplyDelete