Jun 30, 2011

Further into the Unknown

I've been looking for this book for years. Another mysterious disappearance from the local library. Very odd.

It's also very odd that after scouring the internet for it, I found it lying on the classroom floor this morning. It's one of the books in my teachers collection for bored kids. And it's beautiful.







Some cool definitions from the book:
Corpse Lights: Flickering flames that are seen at times in graveyards. They are caused by gases seeping through the earth from corpses buried in shallow graves.
Shades of the Dead: A term to describe the dark, shadowy forms in which spirits of the dead sometimes appear.

He let me keep it.

4 comments:

  1. Cool book! Hey, Marrow, have you ever seen the flick "House of 1000 Corpses"? The movie itself may suck, but I think you'll enjoy this scene:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SittoatyUhk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Never seen it, though I was obsessed with it when I was six. I'd cut out the adverts for it from the newspaper and pin them up on my walls :)

    The video you linked to had a message saying that it 'wasn't available in my country', but I managed to find another video of it rather quickly.

    Such a great ride, I carries that awesome old-school ghost-train feel, even though it is not themed around the supernatural. I love the graveyard scene, and the dark corridors filled with fog, lit by flashing strobes. And my favourite part is seeing the exterior when he runs out cheering for 'Doctor Satan'. The demon door is great.
    Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! Funny how things work out that way. Really looking forward to seeing your collection grow.

    Thanks for sharing with us.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the scans Marrow! I had this book in my possession at some point. I clearly remember the Werewolf and Haunted House Illustrations. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete